This page contains affiliate links. This means that we may get a small commission for recommending products, if you choose to click on something and buy it. This does not cost you anything, but we wanted to be honest and let you know!(Last Updated On: April 10, 2022)
Having one of the best boat rod holders along when you go fishing can increase your chances of success and enjoyment when you are out on the water. Rod holders are an invaluable tool that can give you a hands-free approach while waiting for the big one to bite.
We feel that the Scotty #230 Powerlock Rod Holder is the best boat rod holder and will be your go-to item to have when on the water fishing. Most boat rod holders will work with almost any type of pole and reel.
They will work with The Best Collapsible Backpacking Fishing Pole for 2021 that you use when hiking or out on a boat.
Table of Contents
- Best Boat Rod Holders
- Here Are The Five Best Boat Rod Holders:
- #1 Scotty #230 Powerlock Rod Holder
- #2 PLUSINNO Fishing Boat Rods Holder with Large Clamp
- #3 Scotty #282-BK Baitcaster Rod Holder w/Gearhead & Track
- #4 Stealth Quick Release Fishing Rod Holder
- #5 Cannon 1907002 Dual-Axis Adjustable Track Mounted Rod Holder, Aluminum
- In Conclusion
Best Boat Rod Holders
|Best Boat Rod Holders||Features||Our Rating|
|Scotty #230 Powerlock||Includes Side/deck mount||4.9|
|PLUSINNO||360 Degree Adjustable||4.8|
|Scotty #282-BK||360-degree rotation||4.8|
|Stealth Quick||Quick-release rod holder,||4.7|
|Cannon 1907002||Ratcheting ability||4.7|
Here Are The Five Best Boat Rod Holders:
The Scotty #230 Powerlock rod holder is Scotty’s most popular, and the best boat rod holder. Budget-friendly, the #230 is a positive locking, open style rod holder.
You can keep your equipment safe and secure while you free up the use of your hands with the Powerlock rod holder. The Power Lock is designed with a universal cradle that holds virtually any reel type.
The front locking ring will help to prevent rod loss when you are moving on your vessel.
Constructed to be durable and strong, the Scooty rod holder is made from fiber-reinforced engineering-grade nylon. This provides strength, resilience, and reliability. It is also non-corrosive and resilient for continuous, reliable performance.
This multi-functional rod holder will work on most watercraft and with most rod setups.
- Positive locking, open style rod holder
- Universal cradle for any reel style
- Front locking ring prevents rod loss
- Fiber-reinforced engineering grade nylon
- Includes side/deck mount
- Does not come with mounting hardware screws
A well-known name in fishing gear, Plusinno has some great fishing products. Their rod holder is no exception, as Plusinno makes one of the best boat rod holders.
Their clamping rod holder will fit on the side of a boat, on a rail, a kayak, or anything else.
The clamp opens two inches wide, so anything that is two inches thick or under, this clamp will be able to hold firmly to. A versatile rod holder, it can also turn 360 degrees.
The Plusinno fishing rod holder can fit different rods, such as spinning, casting, and spin-cast types.
They are made from ABS eco-friendly plastic that is high impact and heavy-duty. The holder also comes with a one-year warranty.
- The fishing rod holder relieves the tedious task of holding the rod when fish are slow to bite.
- Lightweight, easy to install. It folds nicely to take up very little space.
- Constructed with high impact resistant heavy duty ABS.
- 360 degree adjustable. Can be surfaced or rail mounted.
- Great for Boats or kayaks. Includes stainless steel hardware.
- Some customers found that they were not good to use with a trolling motor, as the vibration from the motor caused the clamp to loosen.
Scotty is a familiar name in fishing equipment, including the best boat rod holders.
This mounting holder from Scotty has a simple design that does not come with clamps. This holder screws directly into a foundation, such as a rail on your boat.
It has a front locking ring so that your rod is secured when your boat is in motion. The Scotty Powerlock is an open-style holder made from fiber-reinforced engineering-grade nylon.
The rod holder is fully adjustable up and down and offers 360-degree horizontal rotation. With this ability to rotate, you will be able to get the perfect angle.
- 360-degree rotation
- Works with most types of rods
- Made from durable material
- Comes in three different colors
- Mounting hardware not included
#4 Stealth Quick Release Fishing Rod Holder
This unique rod holder has a grip system that holds your rod in place but will release the rod back to you when you pull back on the rod, which makes the Stealth one of the best boat rod holders.
There is less vibration with the Stealth quick-release rod holder, so there is no rattling of your fishing rod when trolling or reeling in. You always have control of your rod, and the Stealth releases the rod exceptionally quickly.
Constructed from heavy-duty nylon and engineering-grade weather-resistant elastomers, it makes the Stealth a rugged piece of equipment.
- Easy to use
- Can be used on boats or kayaks
- Has an extra spinning reel notch
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- The locking strap can get in the way
The Canon Dual Axis is one of the most adaptable fishing rod holders out there. The Cannon has two adjustable exes, front to back and in a 360-degree rotation.
This allows you to control how you set your rods and trolling spreads. The Cannon Dual-Axis features six up and down locking positions along with a pistol grip release ideal for when you need a quick, one-handed angle change.
The ratcheting adjustment system on the Cannon allows you to position the holder vertically rapidly. Included with the rod holder is a UV-resistant end cap designed to protect your rod and reel.
- 360-degree rotation
- One-handed angle adjustment
- Ratcheting ability
- Locking pin
- Locking mechanism made from plastic
Having one of the best boat rod holders can make your day on the water much less fatiguing and a lot more enjoyable.
Before purchasing, decide which type of holder is best for your style of fishing, and be sure to pick up one of these invaluable fishing tools.